The earliest record of a church on this site is around 1114, originally being a Catholic Church, probably as a small single roomed structure dedicated to St. Andrew.
During the reformation, it became part of the Church of England.
In the 15th century the tower was added and extensive alterations and enlargement followed during the Victorian era.
An original layout of the interior, showing the organ in its original position.
later to be moved..
and in its present location